Saturday, December 4, 2010

one month old

My baby is one month old today! Can you believe that?! I sure can't. Time has certainly flown by. It has been a whirlwind.

Clint and I were talking yesterday about the transition from four to five children. It really has been smooth and relatively easy. I am definitely sleep-deprived, and sometimes hormonal and weepy, but overall, it has been pretty great. RC3, as I like to call him (haha), has been such a calm and pleasant infant. The other four children have adjusted brillantly and are so sweet with him! And I have healed up nicely. I am still not 100%, but I am getting close. Pretty soon, I will be starting Weight Watchers again to lose the 40 pounds of baby weight that is still hanging around. But, I am excited about that and about being skinny again! Thank God that Weight Watchers has such a great nursing mothers program. It works so well, and doesn't affect my milk supply at all. So, all in all, becoming a family of seven (!) has been a pretty easy transition for us.

*********************************************

Little update on Joseph (thanks so much for your sweet comments and emails and prayers!) - He is all better! That high fever lasted less than 24 hours, off an on. And he was such a champ through it all - hardly cried at all. He is such a sweetheart!

And guess what, remember that student who offered to babysit? Well, she's coming tonight so Clint and I can have a much-needed date! (We're taking the baby who's still nursing quite a lot and can't be left at home) But it'll still be wonderful to have a night out together! I'm super excited!

Have a blessed weekend!

2 comments:

  1. wow! I CANNOT believe hes a month already! I hope you have a very very special time tonite. Enjoy eachother:) christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. NatalieY.10:38 PM

    ONE MONTH OLD?! I can not believe it! It has flown by!! ENJOY YOUR DATE!! I am excited for you and Clint!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin