Sunday, December 5, 2010

chosen

My sweet friend Danielle and her husband Jason are in the process of adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. This month, I have decided to partner with them to help raise the funds they need in order to bring her home. So, 15% of all purchases made from my etsy shop in the month of December will go straight to the Thompson Family's adoption fund. Please take a look around my shop - there's lots of fun vintage finds, as well as my handmade jewelry, to choose from! And you can feel good knowing that a percentage of your money will be going to help a little girl from Africa find her forever home in the hearts of my friends Danielle and Jason and their five children.

Danielle's husband and children drew this touching picture

**********************************************************

I made this necklace yesterday as I was thinking about the Thompson family and the journey the Lord is taking them on. I was thinking about the perfect word to represent adoption, and I felt led to stamp the word CHOSEN. Wouldn't this make a wonderful gift for someone you know who has also been touched by adoption in their own life?


CHOSEN Hand Stamped Copper Necklace with sterling silver heart

"You did not choose me, but I have chosen you and appointed you to go and bear fruit – fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name." John 15:16


"For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, 'Abba, Father.'" Romans 8:15


To read more about Danielle's story, go check out her blog.

Thanks so much in advance for your support and prayers for this wonderful family!

1 comment:

  1. awesome, lora! is it okay if i link up this post to my blog? i want everyone to buy from your shop and support the thompsons!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin