Wednesday, December 8, 2010

abba necklace

After posting that song yesterday, I couldn't get the little prayer, "Abba, I belong to you", out of my head. I prayed that prayer off and on all day long. It was a rough day for me. An important package containing a lot of expensive jewelry supplies got lost in the mail, and I was consumed with the situation. I know that I should have given it to the Lord the first moment I learned that it had been lost, but instead, I thought and thought about it. I worried about it. I cried about it.

Finally, I surrendered the situation. I contacted the customers that were going to have to receive their necklaces later than I had promised. I accepted the fact that I was going to lose the money that I spent for the supplies, since I did not purchase insurance. I realized that there was nothing I could do about the situation, and that worrying and getting upset about it was a waste of time. Everyone involved was very kind and understanding. I was thankful for that.

Anyway, to make a long story short, my next door neighbor came over for a visit last night after the kiddos had gone to bed. When she walked in the door, she was holding a padded envelope. She told me that the package was on the grass in between our two yards. I could not believe it. It was a miracle - I truly believe that God put that little package there for me. I was stunned. And the coolest part of this story to me is that the Lord did all of this for me. He knew that the package was extremely important to me. And because He is my ABBA, my Father, my Daddy, He cares about what is important to me, even if it is just a silly little package of sterling silver discs. He loves me, He cherishes me, even little ole me!

I repented for worrying and not trusting Him. I am still learning how to let go and go with the flow. I am 35 years old, and I am still learning the basic fundamentals of my faith in the Lord! But God is faithful and kind and loving and He truly is my Abba, my daddy God.

*******************************************************

So, this morning, I decided to make a necklace with the beautiful word ABBA stamped on it. As I hammered out the letters one by one, I thanked my God for taking care of me and once again, showing me His love and care.

I hope that the necklace will be a reminder to whoever wears it that their ABBA is taking care of them, too.

ABBA Hand Stamped Sterling Silver Necklace with turquoise and silver beads

hammered and dome sterling silver disc
turquoise and sterling silver beads
sterling silver plated ball chain

"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, 'ABBA, Father.'" Romans 8:15

********************************************
Thanks for letting me share my heart.

:)

4 comments:

  1. NatalieY.1:36 PM

    Awesome, Lora! I was encouraged while reading this post!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ABSOLUTELY love the necklace, and that verse, well, love it too! Beautiful ABBA
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lora, I'm almost seventy-one, and I'm still learning! I think God leads us through experiences in order to let us "practice". Dad and I are in the midst of one right now, and I've been asking my Abba to cradle us as we wait for Him to work out His will for us.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 52 and am reminded quite often that I still have a lot to learn. My biggest problem is paying attention to the teacher. Fortunately, God is a very patient teacher. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin