Thursday, November 11, 2010

on my own

Well, my mother-in-law just left to drive home. She was able to stay for one week, which was an incredible blessing and help to me. Now, I am on my own with the little ones. Thankfully, the two oldest boys are in school during the day, so I only have Ruth, Joseph, and Robert/Robby/Bobby (not sure which one yet! haha...) during the morning and early afternoon. I am going to need the extra special grace of the Lord in the late afternoon and evening times, especially in the next couple of weeks.

Clint got a new little train table at a yard sale a few weekends ago for only $5! He brought it out last night and put it in the living room where our old train table was. We put the old one up in Benjamin and Leo's room so they can play with their trains there. This new table is lower to the ground and much better for Ruth and Joseph to play with. So, that has been a blessing this morning!

Here's some pictures of Joseph playing with it:





And here's one of Ruth eating her applesauce this morning:

And here's one of me, thankful to be drinking my Cafe Francais. Thank God for that little bit of caffeine! Man, I've sure needed it these past few nights! The little man has been trying to figure out his days and nights...

Keep on praying for the nursing. I have a little system figured out now, thanks to the helpful advice of my midwives. I am pumping the one hurt side and feeding him breast milk through a bottle so that breast can heal. And I am nursing on the other side. Hopefully, in a few days, both sides will be all healed up and I can exclusively nurse from both breasts. Ahhh... the things us mothers go through for our little ones! Thankfully, the baby is adjusting well and switching easily between bottle and breast.

Little Robert III is sleeping soundly upstairs and when he wakes up, I'm going to take some 1 week old pictures of him! Wow! He's already a week old! Time has flown by...

Have a blessed day!

Lora

5 comments:

  1. you are so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful mamma! May God continue to bless you with strength, encouragement, and joy .
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I feel you on the nursing thing. Israel, my 3rd, literally ripped my nipple off and there is a scar now. My method was to hold my breath until he latched on and then I let all the air out while saying, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus." I'll be praying for your healing.

    Also, we didn't announce Noah's name until he was born. My daughter said she wanted to name him "Bob". Noah was Bob until he was born. And it wasn't far-fetched b/c my grandfather's name was Robert. I think you're right...his nickname will just work itself out for who he is.

    I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a wonderful family!
    Bless you all!

    Love Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you all1 The little one is so cute! You can always call him Trae/Trey. (since he is a third)I know you probably don't want more options, but thought I'd throw it out there! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin