Tuesday, November 2, 2010

joseph's birthday! (and a big haircut)


Well, our baby boy is two years old! We had a sweet little family party yesterday afternoon. It was just the six of us (seven, if you count the one in my tummy!). Here's some photos of the party. And if you don't want to see all of the party pics, make sure to scroll down to the last ones to see Joseph's new hairdo! Clint gave Joseph a buzz after we opened gifts and ate the cake. He looks like a completely different child!

the kiddos waiting for joseph to come downstairs

oh my gosh - he's so cute!

i love this child!

one of my favorite pictures ever!
(can you tell that he loves his new cars from Grandma and Papa?)

mommy and daddy are so proud!

the humble little birthday cake i made for joseph
(it's certainly not gourmet, but the kiddos loved it, and that's all that matters!)


diggin' in...


***************************************************************


And now, the pictures you've all been waiting for! After our little family party, Clint took Joseph upstairs into our master bathroom and cut the birthday boy's hair for the first time. We were all sad to see his blond curls go, but it was time. And now, I definitely feel ready to meet the new baby. Joseph is not the baby anymore - he's a big boy!!

on his way upstairs to get his hair cut by daddy!

before

after!!!!

isn't he so handsome?!


i love how joseph is looking at his big brother Leo

benjamin with his only sister - so sweet

look at my four amazing children!

wow. i am blessed.

It certainly was a fun birthday for our littlest!

I had a little revelation from the Lord yesterday. I was praying about the baby's arrival and questioning the Lord as to why he/she hasn't come yet. He reminded me of a prayer I prayed last year, before I even got pregnant. I asked the Lord for at least a two year gap between Joseph and the next baby. And yesterday marked that two year gap! If I had had the baby any day before November 1st, my original prayer to the Lord would not have been answered! So, I thanked God for answering my prayer from last year. He has given me what I originally asked Him for!

Have a great Tuesday!

Lora

14 comments:

  1. We love you all so much.
    Grandma Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to your joseph! what a dramatic change. he looks so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy B-day to Joseph! Anna loves seeing him on your blog. And what a difference a haircut makes. He looks so much older and handsome!

    Praying for you and the end of the pregnancy/birth ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is awesome that way, isnt He? lol! :) So, now, anytime:) Wow, Joseph really looks like a big boy now! I remember when we cut my Bens hair. Hes the baby, now 6. He looked sooo different! Like joseph. His curls grow back, time for a new haircut! Wish I could make you some tea and give you a hug.
    Prayers going up for you,
    Christina
    Ps. Jesus Knows Me This I Love
    He knows you, and loves you. Hes coming to help you. Hang on!<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks so old with his hair cut!! Praying for you the next few days! God has not forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Birthday Blessings! What an adorable hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Joseph! 2 is such a great age.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful family! I remember when Asher got his first buzz cut. It is like a baby step into manhood. Praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Congrats on your pregnancy! Hope labor goes perfectly! I was wondering if you could do me a favor????!!! Please read about this family and the struggles they are facing and PRAY PRAY PRAY!!! Please do what you can and post it on your blog or something! This family needs LOTS of prayers! God is Great and can do amazing things! Thank you sooo much!
    Janessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOPPSS here is the blog/story

    www.thematthewsstory.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for stopping by and entering the giveaway! I am glad to see you are trusting in Him and realizing that He does listen and He is answering your prayers.

    Good luck with the birth of your newest bundle of joy!!!

    Hugs,

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of the photos, but the one of Leo and Joseph is precious. Leo looks like he is thinking....I love my little brother and Joseph looks as if he is thinking...hmmmm..now I look like my brothers with a big boy haircut :) Love ya'll...Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. your children are beautiful. and i completely forgot about our giveaway! let me know when you want to do it and i'll get the info. over to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin