Monday, November 1, 2010

how to make a pretty fall wreath for under five dollars

I took the two youngest kiddos to Walmart this morning to get a few last minute party decorations for Joseph's little family birthday party this evening. While I was there, I noticed this great twig and vine wreath for sale. I decided to splurge the extra $3.50 and make a pretty fall wreath for my front door. I also bought a little bunch of silk sunflowers for $1.00. I couldn't wait to get home to start creating!



When I got home, I clipped off the sunflowers and attached them one by one to the wreath by wrapping the wire stems around the twigs.


Then, to finish it off, I cut a bit of some great vintage crocheted lace that I had in my stash and simply tied it around the bottom of the wreath.


Oila! A cute, one of a kind wreath to celebrate my favorite season. What do you think?


I just love that old lace!

yay!!

*****************************************

As I was sitting in my recliner working on my laptop, I noticed my reflection in the screen. I was amazed at what I saw. A gigantic belly staring back at me! I had to take a picture just to prove to you I am not making this up. Here's the view from my keyboard on my laptop:

it. is. time. to. have. this. baby.

5 comments:

  1. It doesn't seem nice to have a giggle at your expense, but that is one ENORMOUS puku. (Puku is the Maori word for tummy) I love love love love your wreath so much. You can just alter it for the seasons! Awesome :) Praying the bubba comes soon for you. But you know God knows the right time for the bubba to be born!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lordy.
    This is gonna be a BIG eater! Like my 8 lb 13 yr old wboy who is now 10, mom said i needed to get him a shirt that said, Got Milk? lol! Gracious girl! Well, the fall wreath looks great, and mine is an orange pipberry one with a lace tie too! Wow, similar tastes! Anyhow, I think the pumpkin is ready to POP!
    Thinking of you, and sending up some mighty fast prayers!
    christina
    ps. HAPPY PARTY JOSEPH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. Much appreciated! Cute little family you have. Hope all goes well for the newest addition. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is an awesome view...not long ago i posted a pic of my reflection in my iron. funny where you catch a view.i always forget that it is so big and then i see my reflection in something and think!!! yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin