Wednesday, November 10, 2010

he has a name!

After much prayer and discussion, Clint and I have given our sweet boy his name! There's a lot of details surrounding how we decided on the name, which I don't really have time now to write about now, but I wanted to share the name with all of you! So, without further ado, I would like to introduce you to...



Robert Clinton, III

Robert - bright fame
Clinton - city on a hill

"Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy." Habakkuk 3:2

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men." Matthew 5:14-16

*****************************************************************

I feel so blessed to be able to give this child his father and grandfather's name. To me, it's a picture of the importance of family and honoring the generations that have come before us, as well as the generations that are coming.

We're not quite sure yet what we will actually call him. There's lots of options and nicknames! So, right now, we're just feeling it all out and are going to let the name naturally evolve. I'm sure that it will become clear over time what it is that we should call him.

I'll write more about how we came to decide on this name when I have more time. Right now, I am very busy with nursing stuff. I've been having some difficulties with it and am needing to get creative! Please pray for the nursing to all work out and for a quick healing. (I've got some cracking and bleeding... ouch!)

Have a blessed day!

Lora

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic name! So excited you guys have heard from the Lord. Will indeed pray for healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't visited the blog in a couple weeks! I was way behind. I'm all caught up now!

    Congratulations to you and your family! You are truly, truly blessed! All praise and glory to our Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great name! Always great to have passed on something so special in a family :)
    For the nursing, I heard that coconut oil works quite well... good luck.
    Welcome little Robert Clinton!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the news of Robert Clinton's name! You don't know how often I've been checking the blog in anticipation of his name. Looking forward to hearing more details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the name! Blessings and prayer for healing
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very strong and noble a name. I like it very much.

    Prayers for healing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy Hutchins8:26 AM

    LORA! My old friend!!! You have 5little people in your house today. Awesome. I love this new guy's name--our 4th is John Robert (after my late father) and I did not know that Robert has the meaning "Bright Fame." Love this. (We call him Johnny.)

    How are you? We must email again! I am doing a show this weekend selling skirts--would love to make one for you. A gift after baby #5!

    love,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  8. yah! finally! we've all been anxiously waiting:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin