Tuesday, November 16, 2010

fearfully and wonderfully made

Things are going well with baby Robert Clinton, III. I've been calling him Robby lately, mostly because the other kiddos have adopted that as their favorite nickname. It's so cute to hear them calling him that. "Baby Robby", they say in their little voices. I have been so impressed with how all four of the other children have taken to the baby. God has really answered my prayers about having a smooth transition into being a family of seven.

Robby has been sleeping very well the past few nights. It has been a blessing for me to have a few good couple of hour chunks of sleep each night. He is such a sweet baby! His temperment is so gentle. When he is in that "quiet alert" mode, his eyes are wide open and he just stares around at everything. He really is taking it all in and you can almost see his little wheels turning in his head. So much learning and growing is taking place in that little body every single second! It's truly amazing...

This morning, I brought him downstairs after nursing and put him in the pack-n-play on his boppy pillow (his favorite place to be these days). Today was the first time that he really looked at the black and white mobile hanging over the pack-n-play. Clint made this mobile seven years ago when Benjamin was a baby. It has survived five children now. It's bent a little and not in the best shape, but boy, do our babies love looking at those black and white geometric shapes! I had such fun watching Robby interacting with it this morning! Here's some photos:


bright eyes

i just love that face!

hi mom!

he's starting to notice those shapes above him now!
(and do you see Ruth's little purple rabbit that she put next to him?)

i love that little hand trying to reach out and grab the mobile! how cute!!

he's concentrating so hard!
************************************************
It's truly amazing to me how God has created us! Watching Robby learn so much every day has reminded me what miracles we all are!
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Psalm 139:14
Have a great day!
Lora

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have such a precious little angel on your hands :) and sweet ruth with her rabit! your children make my heart melt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane4:07 PM

    I can already see changes in Baby Robby :) The black and white mobile has been around, hasn't it? When I saw the last photo, I thought..."Oh No, the famous "Robert scowl". Grandpa Robert has that expression often..usually when watching a ballgame and things aren't going his way :) :) Diane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin