Sunday, October 17, 2010

undivided heart

Several weeks ago, I found a beautiful little gold charm in an antique shop. It had the First Commandment inscribed on it. I knew that it would make a wonderful necklace, and would be a powerful reminder to whoever wore the necklace around their neck.

As I was making this necklace, I kept hearing the words "undivided heart". As I prayed about those words, I knew that God was saying to me that as I strive to obey the first commandment and have no other gods before Him in my life, that He would give me an undivided heart.

Every day, we are faced with situations and choices that require us to put Him first. We can choose God's way and leadership, or we can choose another's, whether it be our own way or the enemy's. I hope that this necklace will bless someone and help them in their everyday life to choose God's way - for we all know that His way is the best way!

"Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name."
Psalm 86:11

First Commandment Necklace

antique 1st commandment gold charm with vintage pearl on antique brass chain

"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me."
Exodus 20:3
(When I was editing this photo, I noticed my reflection in the gold charm. I couldn't help but immediately realize how symbolic that was. Sometimes our biggest idol can be our very own self. We can focus so much on ourselves, that God can take second place in our lives to our own desires and wants.)
Lord, help us to make the right choices each day. Help us to always put You first, above all else.
*************************************************
Hope everyone has had a great weekend! Mine has been really sweet. I even had lots of good, strong contractions off and on all last night. Things are starting to happen!! I am super excited and know that this little one will enter the world soon!
Lora

1 comment:

  1. love it. what a great find and reminder.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin