Friday, October 22, 2010

snapshot of my friday morning

I came downstairs to find all my children at the kitchen island eating their breakfast

my sweet husband fixing scrambled eggs for the kids

Joseph in his new Thomas the Train pajama pants

the cup of pregnancy tea that my husband made for me

my tired eye (at least its super green because of the green cardigan i'm wearing...)
Clint has really been working hard. He's got so much going on right now, and on top of all that, a super-hormonal, very pregnant, often weepy wife at home. He has been wonderful and so sweet. And he is giving me a lot of grace right now, and he tries to help out where he can. I am thankful for my husband of almost ten years. He is a blessing to me!
Today, I am 38 weeks pregnant. I feel like I am 40 weeks. Must be because this is my fifth. Not sure... But I am still praying that this baby will come early, not late, like my last two babies. I am not feeling a whole lot of grace left on me to keep going. My body is super sore and it is hard to get around and take care of the house and the kiddos. I am really being stretched in my faith and trust in the Lord. I know it's good for me, but that doesn't mean it's easy. I will try extra hard today to have a good attitude and thank God in everything. I want to please Him. I want to be faithful. I want to finish strong. It's going to have to be a mind over matter thing, I think. I must not be ruled by my emotions! I must focus on God and press on! (can you tell I am trying to give myself a pep talk?! :) )
Lora


6 comments:

  1. happy morning lora!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you coffe mug!
    also... hang in there! you're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet husband! Praying for ALL of you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you, friend. Saying a prayer for you right now. I am listening to www.seedfamilyworship.net/listen-online. It is free. I highly recommend it. It is scripture to music for kids and adults alike. It encourages me on days like today when my husband is sick (again) and needs to get on the Giardia medication, and I have a bad headache. :) Yesterday Samuel was grumpy, and instead of continuing to listen to the whining, I turned it on. It was amazing what God did through it. He knows a lot of their songs, and I found one he loves. He started dancing and was a different child. You can buy the cds, but since money is tight right now, I am just listening online and to the one cd I have. Blessings!

    I can't wait to see a picture of #5. You are blessed to be able to have 5 kids. I have a feeling that God only has 2 in mind for me. My doctor wants to run tests to figure out if I have something like tissue or polyps in my uterus that could be preventing pregnancy based on symptoms I have. I am trying to enjoy the 2 I have and not be sad that this possibly could be it for me. My prayer is that His will be done!

    Hang in there! You will be seeing his or her pretty face shortly! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying for you, and I dont even know you. :) God will give you the grace to keep on. I know how you feel. Keep this in mind today. JESUS KNOWS ME, THIS I LOVE. He knows you. He knows your almost ready to give up the fight. He knows you intimetly. How reassuring. Blessings,
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane2:07 PM

    How I love Christina's comment..."Jesus Knows Me...This I Love". I have never heard it that way but how true that Jesus knows you AND your precious little one and He knows the exact moment this child will be born and not a moment before. Your job is not easy...W A I T I N G... is hard but God is in control and knows best and He just desires your trust in Him. Love you, Diane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin