Thursday, October 7, 2010

shop news and 36 week update

I've had a great response so far from the necklaces that I put up in my shop over the past few days. I've already sold three of them! That makes me feel so happy that people are really responding to what God's put in my heart to create. :) I've recently listed a few more necklaces in the shop. Here's some photos:

("You have ravished my heart, my treasure, my bride. I am overcome by one glance of your eyes, by a single bead of your necklace." Song of Solomon 4:9)
(custom order - can be stamped with any one initial, heart, or bird)

SELAH Hand Stamped Copper and Sterling Silver Necklace
(SELAH - Hebrew word at the end of verses in the Psalms: perhaps a musical direction, but traditionally interpreted as a blessing meaning “forever”)

BEAUTIFUL Hand Stamped Silver Necklace
("My beloved speaks and says to me: "Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away." Song of Solomon 2:10)

*************************************************************

On a more personal note, here's an pregnancy update:
I will be 36 weeks tomorrow. Only 4 more weeks to go! I am definitely feeling ready to move on to the next phase and have this baby! My body is so tired and worn out. I can definitely tell that I've had five pregnancies in the past seven years. Man!! I had a good doctor's appointment yesterday and got the OK from the OB to go ahead with my plan to have this baby at a nearby birth center. This will be my first birth not in a hospital. I am excited to see how this birth experience will be, and can't wait to share the story with y'all! Quick prayer request though - the baby is lying transverse, which means sideways, so we need to up our prayers for this baby to get into head-down position and stay there! My midwife has told me to crawl every night before bed to help the baby get locked down into the correct position. You should see me crawling around my bedroom each night - it's quite a sight...
Each pregnancy, Clint and I record a little cassette tape with a message to the baby in my tummy. We each talk for about 5-10 minutes, sharing our hopes and dreams for the baby's life, reading scriptures, and playing and/or singing a song. I recorded my part the other night and have started playing it each night before bed with headphones pressed against my belly. You should see how my belly moves when that tape starts to play! It's so obvious that the baby can hear my words and songs. It's been a precious thing to do with each pregnancy. And the coolest part of all? Right after the baby is born, I speak the same phrases and scriptures and sing the same song to the baby. And you know what? The baby looks up at me with eyes that recognize what he/she hears! It's totally amazing! And in those first weeks of life, when the baby is crying and can't be consoled, I sing that same song and the baby always calms right down! It really is incredible.
So, now, I am trying to focus on this little one coming soon! I am trying to spend less time on my shop and more time getting everything ready for this grace-baby of mine.
Have a great day!
Lora

3 comments:

  1. I will keep you and the new little one in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that Beautiful neclace!! well, i love them all but i love how you did that one! so cool with the placements of the letters. great idea! praying for your little peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the bride necklace!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin