Monday, October 4, 2010

one more story from my booth

I just had to share one more story from my booth at Harvest Fest! My friend Susanna and I were talking last week about new words that I could stamp onto some more jewelry for my booth, and she suggested the word HARVEST. And then, the night before the conference, my husband told me that he believed that I should make a necklace with that same word on it and do a giveaway for it at my booth. (He was prompted to suggest that to me after we heard our pastor give a talk to all the people having booths about "the harvest". It was a very encouraging message that motivated us all to be more mindful of the lost souls all around us and to share the love of Jesus with them.) So, the next morning, I made the necklace - just an hour before I had to leave to go set up my booth.


I displayed the necklace in a vase of dried beans and put a smaller vase next to it for people to put their names in. Then, at the end of the conference, I had my friend Lydia's little girl draw a name out of the vase.


"Then Jesus said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

Matthew 9:37, 38

I called the winner yesterday to congratulate her and tell her that she had won the HARVEST necklace. She was amazed. (I think that there were a couple hundred names in that vase!) And the most amazing part about all of this is that she told me that she had been crying out to the Lord last week at her church for Him to give her a heart for HARVEST! Isn't that incredible?!! How awesome is the Lord!

All those little things (ie. my friend Susanna suggesting that word, my pastor talking about the harvest, my husband telling me to make a "harvest" necklace and give it away, the girl coming to my booth and entering to win the giveaway, and my friend Lydia's little girl reaching deep into that vase of names and picking out that specific name...) had to happen for that girl to be the winner of the HARVEST necklace! And the Lord did all those things JUST FOR HER! Just to encourage her and let her know that he heard her cries and prayers. How amazing!!

**************************************************

So, if we can learn anything from that story, it is that God hears our cries. He is always listening. And He wants to bless us and love us and woo us and draw us ever close to His heart.

**************************************************

Praying for all of you to have a day filled with the presence of God,

Lora


3 comments:

  1. I am so touched by all these stories!! Thank you so much for sharing!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. NatalieY.12:04 AM

    Amazing, AMAZing, AMAZING!!! Love it! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin