Saturday, October 30, 2010

me myself and i

I had a fun night last night. I had a date out with myself! I've always loved to be alone. And last night, I got to go out to dinner and movie all by myself. It was heaven. I bought a magazine at the grocery store on the way out and read my new magazine as I ate a Triple Lindy burrito at Moe's. (If you've never had one, you must - they're amazing!) Then, I went to the movie theatre and saw the movie "Life As We Know It". It was pretty cute. My night out was much needed. I realized the other day that it's going to be a long time until I can do that again. Have a nursing baby kinda limits your time away from home. (I love to do it, though! It just means that I can't really be gone longer than a couple of hours, especially in the beginning...)

So, I took advantage of the fact that I haven't had this little bambino yet and had a night out on the town! And in a little while, I am about to go do another one of my favorite things - go to a yard sale!!! Clint's school (and the school the boys go to) is having a giant yard sale to raise money for their new gym they want to build. People have been donating stuff for weeks now, so I know it's gonna be a huge sale. I'm excited!

Here's a cute picture of Ruth I took the other day to make you smile. One of these days I need to get her hair cut into more of a style, but for now, she's sporting the baby hair "sweeping fringe" in the front. :) She's never even had her haircut! It's about time I think...

ruth eating her breakfast the other morning

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a charmer our Ruthie is! She's growing up so fast. Can't wait to see her.
    Love,
    Grandma Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. time by yourself? Man! Live it up girl! lol! I feel naked going anywhere by myself. Even the grocery! Thats a feeling my husband says I have to overcome:) Look at little Ruthie! Her hair is perfect for now, dont mess with it for another year or so. Her eyes are so pretty. Dont have a Moes in Texas. Love Mexican food though!:) Let us know what you find at the sale. A girl after my own heart! I LOVE garage sales/thrift stores.
    Blessings,
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud your solo evening out! I enjoy them as well. I would like to ask all the fine folks working in restaurants to stop with the "Will you be eating alone?" as they seat me! That makes me uncomfortable...especially when they won't seat me until I answer. It's like, "Yes, I am consciously choosing to eat this meal all my myself. Do you have a problem with that?" Ha!! Hope you have a chance to treat yourself again soon ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin