Friday, October 22, 2010

labor necklace

For several weeks now, I've been feeling the Lord leading me to make a special necklace to wear during my labor and delivery of this child. I've been praying about what word to stamp on my pendant. And this morning, I decided to finally make the necklace and stamp the word GRACE on it. I also stamped a little heart on a smaller sterling silver disc to layer on top of the copper disc. I am excited about wearing this necklace during my labor and one day showing it to this child, explaining the story behind it.

All throughout this pregnancy, I've felt like this was my "grace-baby". I know that God has been pouring out His grace on me. And I know that He will be bringing an extra measure of grace to me and to Clint, as well as to our whole family, after this baby comes into the world.

And the heart symbolizes the Father's love towards me. His love will carry me through whatever I may face. And His perfect love will cast out all fear.

"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." II Corinthians 12:9

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear..." I John 4:18

*******************************************************

I had my 38 week check-up this morning. My midwife said that everything looks great. The baby is still head down and in a great position to be born. The baby's heart rate was 140 beats per minute. And my belly is measuring 39 centimeters, which is one week ahead of where I actually am, in terms of weeks being pregnant. Based on all the contractions/cramping I've been having over the last several days, my midwife thinks I will have the baby this week... We'll see. It's all in the Lord's hands.

I also wanted to thank all of you so much for all your encouraging comments on my last couple of blog posts. Y'all are amazing! And your words of prayer and love have blessed me so much. Thank you!!!

Lora

3 comments:

  1. the necklace is beautiful! what a special gift you can share with this precious baby! I hope he / she comes sooooon! praying BLESSINGS over you & your growing family!love - bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful reminder! You'll be in my prayers this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!
    christina

    ps. i wonder, do you make special names? I had a litle girl named Faith who i misscarried, and would like to see if you could make a necklace.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin