Monday, October 11, 2010

daily affirmation

Last night, I went to hear my pastor's wife speak at a women's meeting at my church. In her message, she talked about seeing yourself as you truly are in the eyes of God. She talked about daily declaring the things that are true about yourself.

She quoted Philippians 4:8, which says, "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things."

She also talked about a youtube video that is of a little girl named Jessica. I watched it this morning, as was so encouraged by her little spirit and outlook on life! I want to be like that! I want to focus on the good things about my life, and not the things that I wish were different. Help me, Lord, to have Your outlook on my life!!

2 comments:

  1. awesome video! thanks for the reminder. always need to hear stuff like that! especially in our phase of life, right?! love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i needed that today. thankyou so much for the little reminder. im new to your blog, and love your jewlery, as well as your heart. Blessings,
    christina from texas

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin