Sunday, September 26, 2010

what's been going on with me....

One of my friends, Kaitlin, is taking a photography class. One of her assignments a few weeks ago was to take some black and white outside shots of people. Here's the one she took of me, sitting in my old rocking chair in my backyard on a sunny day.

I tried to make a heart with my hands over my belly.

I think I was about 32 weeks along here.

Kaitlin developed this photograph herself in a dark room, and gave me the end result. I am pretty happy with it! This image here on my blog is really a picture that I took of the actual photograph. I just laid it down on my kitchen island and took a picture with my camera.

*********************************************************

It was an effort just to post this little post on my blog today. But, I wanted to at least post something.

I am really tired! I haven't been sleeping well. Between all the pregnancy-induced heartburn and overactive brain activity regarding Harvest Fest preparations, my sleep has been very restless... Last night, I woke up at 3 am and could not go back to sleep. Eventually, I came downstairs and watched a documentary on Netflix. It was a long night.

I made about 15 more pieces of jewelry this weekend for my booth, but I still have lots more that I want to make before Thursday. I also have one more baby quilt that I need to sew. I've cut all the fabric for it, so at least the hard part is done. And I've got some other last minute things to do like tag all the things I'm selling, finish sewing the little jewelry pouches, and get display pieces and decorative stuff for my booth together. AHHH!!!! I know it will all get done, but I am wiped out!

I am now 34 weeks pregnant. People are starting to say to me, "Wow, you must be ready to have that baby any day now!" And when I reply, "In six weeks", I am blessed with the always special statement, "Are you sure it's not twins?!"

Oh my goodness.... Help me, Jesus!!!!

I am in serious need of some extra grace right now.

Lora


8 comments:

  1. I really enjoy following your blog and getting a glimpse into your life! You inspire me and excite me for what the Lord has ahead of me!
    I'll be praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep praying for you! I know these last weeks can be quite a stretch! You look beautiful as always! May the Lord bless the work of your hands for your upcoming Harvest Fest! ~Matthew 11:28

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for extra grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the B&W prego pic!! You look so happy in your pregnancy photos... even w/ the lack of sleep. I went thru really strong heartburn w/ my first and it was so hard to sleep. I had 18 pillows!! I just kept praying for it to go away and I found that vanilla milk shakes did wonders! I also prayed over it in the way of claiming that "fire" as the fire of God over my son. I hope you will get better sleep this week. Maybe if you journal right before bed you will be able to shut down some what better. Sometimes I try that too. I have had sleep issues off and on for years. What's up w/ my brain not wanting to just SLEEP! ; )
    You look great. Many Blessings!! (Oh, and don't listen to the stupid people who ask about "twins"... Ugh... What are they thinking?! Ruth Allen gets that all the time! She's due the first week of Nov.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! And I always hated the "twins" statement. I got it all of the time. I'm like, "look at me and then look at someone pregnant with twins. I'm normal." And so are you! :-) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NatalieY.9:04 PM

    "Oh my goodness... Help me, Jesus!!!!" is right?! The pregnancy questions and comments we moms endure is sometimes just ridiculous, huh?! I think you look beautiful... and I love you! AND, I am praying for you, your family, your booth, your WEEK!! ...So excited for you to get to do Harvest Fest before settling down and getting really ready for this baby to come!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely photo! we're so close! I'm starting to get "the comments" too, and try to laugh them off. people seem to forget it takes 40 weeks to grow a full term baby! will look forward to becoming a mama (again) with another lovely mama (again) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, you do look very beautiful. Best wishes for you, Katie x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin