Saturday, September 11, 2010

copper jewelry polishing 101

Since I started stamping metal jewelry, I've been on the lookout for a quick and easy way to polish copper. I wear my copper JOY pendant almost every day, and I love for it to be super shiny and pretty.


So, about every other week, I spiff it up with ketchup and an old toothbrush. Yep, you heard me right! ketchup. I was a bit skeptical when I read about this copper cleaning technique online, but I gave it a try and was amazed at the results! It takes the tarnish right off in a matter of seconds. And to give it that extra bit of shine, I lightly rub the piece with some fine steel wool. And oila, a shiny brand-new looking necklace!!

before

after!

I'm a happy girl. :)

I've got three pretty hand stamped copper necklaces in the shop right now. Click here to see them! (And if you are interested in having a different word on your necklace, I'm more than happy to set up a custom listing for you!)
Have a great Saturday!!
Lora

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin