Thursday, September 16, 2010

sunflower baby quilt

I finished this patchwork baby quilt yesterday. It's for my booth at Harvest Fest. I've been selling vintage fabric quilt square packs for a year and a half now on my shop, but I've never personally made a quilt out of them. So, I decided to make one! I love how it turned out. I focused on vintage prints with blues, greens, and yellows. And I appliqued two large sunflowers on the blue flannel backing. This quilt reminds me of the verse:
"Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame."
Psalm 34:5

Sunflower Baby Quilt

aren't all these vintage prints fantastic?!

I got that super bright yellow one from my sweet friend Mandy over at whimsiedots.etsy.com

all ready to be cuddled up with!

I really like the sunflower applique on the light blue flannel backing

full size view
(I haven't got around to ironing it yet - sorry!)
What do you think?
I am hoping it will find a home with someone from Harvest Fest.
Pray for little Joseph today. He's not feeling well - got a little cold. It kept him (and me) up for most of the night. Needless to say, I am really looking forward to naptime today!!
Have a great day!
Lora

9 comments:

  1. I love it. It is so sweet and beautiful. Perfect for a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so pretty ! I hope you both get some good rest today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so lovely. Great job Lora.
    For sure it will find a great home.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!

    Praying naptime comes quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is just precious! you are soooo good at what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. putting you in my blog roll because your blog is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Brings back memories of my childhood room - I had the one of the prints as a bedspread on my antique, rope strung cherry bed! Be blessed, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those colors are just amazing! You really have a way with pairing colors together to create an overall "feeling", if that makes sense. I'm so glad to hear that little J is feeling much better.

    Thank you so much for your encouraging comment regarding my friend Stacie. Your love and prayers really lifted my spirits. THANK YOU!
    love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin