Friday, September 17, 2010

pure in heart quilt

I finished this sweet baby quilt the other day. I am going to put it with my "booth" collection. I can't believe I am less than two weeks away from Harvest Fest! So much work to be done!!

I made this simple horizontal strip quilt from all of my white and ivory remnants. I used a lot of this great pre-quilted fabric that already has batting sewn on the back of it. It is so soft and cuddly. I paired it with super soft flannel. And I used solid white flannel for the backing.

As I was making this one, I kept hearing the verse,

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God."
Matthew 5:8

Pure in Heart Baby Quilt

I love the combination of white and ivory!

doesn't this one look so cuddly?!

full sized view
I really love the simplicity of this quilt. I think it would be perfect for a newborn baby - boy or girl. I can just see some beautiful photographs with a baby laying on this blanket. Can't you?!
Have a great Friday!
Lora
ps-thanks for your prayers for Joseph - he is feeling much better!!




5 comments:

  1. perfect...that quilt looks so cozy..how wonderful to meditate on that verse while making something so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - one of my favorites so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE love this one. So beautiful! I love the quilted detail, and I think the verse you were feeling while making it embodies the feeling you get from looking at it! :-) This one is my favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane8:31 PM

    Beautiful quilt for a some sweet baby ! ! Can we see the bar stools? Do you plan to let Benjamin, Leo, and Ruth sit on them at the island? Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin