Friday, September 3, 2010

nothing can separate us

I was reading Romans 8 yesterday, and was struck again by how awesome it is. I love that passage! I was especially blessed by the words of Christ's love and the victory we can have through Him. We are more than conquerors!

I made this necklace with that love in mind. I enjoyed combining one of my tiny stamped pieces with one of my antique keys. Isn't LOVE the key to it all? More specifically, the love of Jesus. His love unlocks all the doors - and makes a way for us when there seems to be no way!


antique skeleton key, striking deep red & silver beads, and a tiny stamped disc (hammered and domed with a heart) - all on a long vintage silver chain

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

***************************************************

I also wanted to show you this adorable little orchid hair barrette that my good friend Allison made for me!

I felt so special yesterday in my fun dress (you can see a little bit of it in the last necklace photo) and this clip in my hair. And my hubby thought so, too, when he said as he came home from school, "You look pretty." He's a man of few words, so a compliment like that is a big deal!!

I'm off to prepare for the birthday celebrations for Leo.... Today is his birthday!!
Have a great day!
Lora

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:32 AM

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEO!!! =)
    by the way, have you got my letter, lora? :)
    be blessed, corina

    ReplyDelete
  2. NatalieY.11:40 AM

    You did look 'pretty' yesterday! I am glad Clint noticed too... I did! You are always beautiful, inside and out. LOVE YOU!! AND, I love this necklace also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to our precious Leo.
    Love,
    Grandma and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane3:00 PM

    Happy Birthday Leo ! ! ! I remember this day well in 2005. You are very special and we love you very much...GO DIEGO GO ! ! !
    :) :) :) Grandmama and PaPa Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know what it is like to be married to a man a few words - comments like that are so special! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dark red beads on the necklace - they remind me of the blood Christ shed for us! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin