Wednesday, September 29, 2010

new haircut and other news

Hello everyone

Just wanted to show off my new haircut. I feel way cuter. Thank you, God. I was definitely nervous about cutting it. (It had been almost a year since I last cut it!). But this new girl I was going to came highly recommended. And she was so sweet and spent so much time with me, getting it just right. Our daughters played princesses while she cut my hair in her home studio/salon.


here it is!

(i left it the same length in the longest layer, but she put in several new layers and gave me thicker, shorter bangs)

the way she cut my hair really allowed my natural curl to just pop out! i couldn't believe how curly it became! and this morning, it's even curlier!

So, now, I'm all set to sit in my booth and meet people and sell my jewelry, etc. I counted up all the pieces I've made over the past couple of months, and I've got over 70 necklaces!! Woo hoo! I am super excited to see the response. And, as I was telling my dear friend Susanna (who, by the way, came over last night to help me tag everything - thank you so much!!), I put my heart and prayers into each piece that I make, so it's always such a joy for me to see which piece goes to which person. And I get to pray for them a lot of the time as I hand them their necklace that the scripture that inspired the piece will become a greater reality in their life.

I am supposed to set up my booth late this afternoon, but it is raining pretty hard right now. I am hoping and praying that the rain stops soon. (All the booths are outside in a grassy area) I had a little freak out moment this morning as I watched the rain pour down. I called my mom for prayer and a little pep talk, and she said, "The Lord is asking you to trust Him. He's led you and Clint to do this. He won't let you down." So, my faith is being stretched and I have to make the choice today not to worry and just to simply trust My God.

OK, gotta get going! Etsy shop packages to pack and ship, last minute jewelry to make, tagging to do, laundry, taking care of the kiddos, and going to visit my hubby's school for a carnival he is heading up in a couple of hours. Give me stamina and grace, Lord!!

At least my hair looks cute - the rain helps the curls to bounce! :)

Lora

6 comments:

  1. you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look radiant! I will miss seeing you at Harvest Fest this year. I will be praying for you! Be blessed. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful inside and out. I am so excited to hear what God does through your work at the fair. Praying for a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gayle T. gave me this verse today in regard to what's happening at our Grandparents' Prayer Group, but I thought of you and what you are going through re. Harvest Fest. God's promises are true. We can trust Him in everything.

    Delight yourself also in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

    Praying for you.

    Your hair looks beautiful. When did it get so curly? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:15 PM

    you look lovely!! very flattering cut :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin