Wednesday, September 1, 2010

look out school, here we come!

"Look out school, here we come!"


Benjamin exclaimed that sweet sentence this morning before Clint took him and Leo to school. I couldn't help but smile when I heard him say that.

So, today's the big day! Benjamin is starting 1st grade and Leo is starting kindergarten. I am so excited for them! I know they are going to love it. It feels so weird sitting here in my kitchen in silence. (Ruth and Joseph are still asleep). Both my boys are going to be gone all day long! The house is going to be so different without my active and (sometimes loud) boys. I will miss them tons, but I am looking forward to this new season to focus on just Ruth and Joseph. It will be good for all of us, I think.

I woke up early this morning and made the boys blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Yummy! When I came down the stairs, the boys were already dressed in their "first day of school outfits" and they were beaming with big smiles. It was a sight to see!

Here's some pictures I took of them outside in our front yard. Enjoy!

they wanted to pick a leaf from our tree and hold it in their pictures. how cute is that?!

Leo in his new shoes (thanks, Grandma and Papa!)

brothers and friends

aren't they cute?!

Leo getting ready to go. He is holding his "nap mat", which is actually a Thomas the Train sleeping bag from the 90s, I think

I love this picture! My baby is growing up.

Leo didn't feel like smiling in this one, but I still love it.

and even my sweet hubby is all dressed up and ready for the first day of school. I'm so proud that he's a teacher! (see the boys waiting in the van for him?)

my absolute favorite shot
*****************************************************************
And here's a picture from last year's first day of school so you can see the difference in the boys - they've grown so much!

two major differences I think from last year to this year -
look how much taller they are and how much darker their hair has gotten!

Well, I guess I better putter around the house now and miss my big boys... (and you know I'll be praying for them all day. I hope they do well and adjust easily to school, especially Leo. Say a prayer for them today if you would... thanks!)
Lora

7 comments:

  1. 1. Thomas the train was around in the 90s???
    2. I LOVE how their socks are all the way up to their knees.
    3. I LOVE how Leo makes the best faces in all his pictures. I think that his thoughts run through his head at the same decibel that they come out his mouth sometimes :)
    4. Have a wonderful start to this new season with your babies.
    Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! What happened to our babies? They look so excited and ready for school. Papa and I are so proud of them (and Clint) and will be praying for a wonderful first day.
    Love,
    Grandma Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute ! ! ! Wow..how they are growing up. Praying for everything to go well. Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I have been offline for the last month, and have really been looking forward to seeing your blog again and getting inspired :)

    Happy first day of school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you seem so young to have so many kids! they're adorable :)

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. what cuties! i like your glasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those boys are HUGE!!! Wow! It's really been way too long. Congrats on your little men!

    BTW, not all of your photos show up on Firefox. I always have to hop over to Explorer to read your blog. Has anyone else had this problem?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin