Thursday, August 19, 2010

the touch of the Father

Boy, has it been a rough couple of days for me! I don't want to use this blog to complain. I really do want it to serve as an encouragement to other women out there... But I also know that I have to be myself - and for those of you that know me personally, you know that I can't help but be transparent. I wear my heart on my sleeve, often to a fault. But I know that God has used this characteristic to set other people free in the past. Sometimes, just knowing that someone else is going through the same hard time can be such a source of encouragement - you know, just knowing that you are not alone can bring great healing and comfort.

Yesterday afternoon, a big wave of loneliness came over my soul. All of a sudden. And then the tears came. I cried and cried. A deep, mournful cry. My husband came home for a few minutes before he had to leave again to go to work. He held me for a minute. He said he would be praying. He brought me take-out Indian food. Then, off he went again to work. I felt bad for him, because I know that we only have pockets of moments like this together and yesterday's pocket was filled with me having a meltdown.

So, I let the tears come. I tried to "breathe in Jesus"... I cut some quilt squares through my sobs. And eventually, the tears subsided, and I pressed on.

I sat down at my computer to check email/shop/blog etc. And as I was reading some of my favorite blogs, I discovered two of my blogging friends had blogged about me.

Erin, who bought a quilt square pack from my shop last month, finished her quilt and wrote about it here. She wanted to let me know that the Lord really used that time of sewing to speak to her heart. She thanked me for the prayers that she knew I had prayed as I cut those squares. The tears came again as I read the story of the quilt. It was such an encouragement to me! God used that story to remind me that I am making a difference. He sees all those late nights, filled with me cutting square by square on my dining room table. He sees me standing in my kitchen over the ironing board, ironing each square, and lifting up prayers that the fabric will carry the presence of the Lord into each home... And I was reminded yet again that my prayers are not in vain. He is using me!

"Always Remember..." Quilt by Erin Compton

YOU ARE LOVED

*******************************************************

And, as if that weren't enough, the Lord continued to woo me out of the pit that I had found myself in... I went to another blogging friend/shop customer's blog - all the way in New Zealand. Deb posted a worship song on her blog for me here. I listened to it over and over... And God continued to minister to my heart.




Neither of these women, one in California and the other in New Zealand, knew the loneliness that I was feeling at the moment they wrote of me in their blogs. But God knew. And He reached down to me through two sisters that I've never met. And my loneliness suddenly became less severe.

Thank you, Lord!

Lora

3 comments:

  1. God is good, all the time! I used to have a magnet on my fridge years ago that said... "I believe in the sun when it doesn't shine, I believe in God when I can't see Him"! Hold on to Him Lora, He's always there for us xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how awesome is that. but it is okay to be sad - just a reminder of what we are missing. one day it will all be restored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, friend! wish i could be there with you. Hugs from NY!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin