Thursday, August 26, 2010

fruit stripe nursery

I think I've started the nesting phase... I've been cleaning baseboards, organizing, and feeling the need to start getting ready for the baby. The other day, I went into the vacant nursery (aka the back of our huge walk-in closet) and fixed up numero cinco's crib. I am LOVING the look of it so far!

Yay! Isn't it happy?! I put a vintage twin flat sheet under the mattress for an instant, no-sew crib bedskirt. I got this sheet a few months ago for the shop, and for some reason, I just couldn't bring myself to list it! It was just too cute! I love how it looks! And it's plently long enough so I can store lots of stuff under the crib.

I put a cheery yellow sheet on the mattress and a simple white bumper around the crib. The beautiful handmade crocheted baby blanket was a gift from my cousin when I had Ruth. I love the combination of colors. And I love how the two striped patterns of the bedskirt and blanket play off of eachother.

(all these fun pastel stripes remind me of Fruit Stripe Gum - remember that?)

my first purchase for this baby - the cutest plush giraffe you've ever seen!

I saw it in my favorite thrift store last week, and I couldn't resist! (It still had the tags on it!) And yes, mom, I washed it in hot water... :)

one of my favorite little vintage pieces.

I've had it for several years, but it's never been above the crib. I think it looks sweet there! And maybe, it'll motivate the baby to sleep through the night at an early age! :)

the full effect

and the crib is so nice and cozy tucked against the back wall of our closet. Both Joseph and Ruth slept in this same spot when they were infants, and they did really well there. It's dark and quiet, and best of all, a three second walk from my bed in the middle of the night. I've also got a rocking chair in there as well, so nursing is super-convenient, too.

***********************************************************

I just listed this super-fun striped vintage twin flat sheet in the shop yesterday. Wouldn't it also make a fabulous crib bedskirt? And it could be for a girl or a boy! Very cute..


Fantastic Retro Mustard and Orange Striped Vintage Twin Flat Sheet

I'd love to hear your suggestions if you can think of anything else fun to do in this little nursery corner of mine... I am thinking of making a cute garland/bunting of vintage fabrics to hang above the crib. What do you think?

Have a blessed day!

Lora

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a garland. The ones that Annalea makes are so cute. Maybe you could use her ideas for inspiration.

    Did I intimidate you that much about washing things? Sorry! :-)

    I love how your little nursery nook turned out.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crib looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great. I never would have thought to do that either. A fabulous idea. :) You could add a fun piece of art above the crib. Or something incorporating the baby's name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, very sweet. What a cozy place for your new addition!

    My family had the very same orange striped sheet set when I was growing up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love it all! The colors are just right...not too overboard and not too blah. You are very talented, I can't wait to visit your etsy shop next!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin