Friday, August 6, 2010

consider the lilies necklace

The other day, I blogged about Luke 12:27-31. It's such a powerful scripture. And lately, it has become the word that I cling to for dear life. Finances have been so tight lately, and I confess that my faith has been wavering. It's so hard for me to trust God sometimes! I seem to have lots of faith for other people when they are going through hard times, and I can pray with passion and all the belief in the world to see them delivered. But when it comes to my own life, I falter. So, this scripture has been very dear to my heart lately. God has promised me that He WILL take care of me and my family.
**********************************************************************
My mother-in-law loves to hunt for unusual vintage pieces that I can incorporate in my jewelry-making. And when she showed me this amazing vintage locket last week, I knew it would make a beautiful necklace. I paired it with a very long vintage silver chain. I love the simple, classic look to it. Such a pretty necklace! And the fact that it's a locket is a definite bonus.
As I studied the floral face to the locket, I was immediately reminded of the "consider the lilies" passage. I knew that that was inspiration and name of this necklace. I pray that whoever buys this one will wear it and be encouraged in their circumstances.

Consider the Lilies Necklace

I love the distressed look of the front of the locket. So romantic!

And look, it opens! Wouldn't it be cool to put a little note of scripture inside to encourage yourself with?

"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well." Luke 12:27-31

******************************************************************

I hope that I can gain the Lord's perspective on my situation very soon. I am asking Him to show me the "why". And I am asking for breakthrough. We'll see what happens...

Lora

3 comments:

  1. Lovely locket and, yes, you can trust God and, yes, it sometimes is difficult...but...yes, DO trust God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HE will take care of you. Beautiful locket. You are very lucky to have such a dear mother in law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NatalieY.9:57 AM

    We will be praying for you all, Friend. We love you... AND, That necklace is BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin