Monday, August 23, 2010

brownies for breakfast?!


Chocolate Brownies (from allrecipes.com)

3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons peanut butter
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 11x7 inch baking pan.
In a medium bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa; stir into the sugar mixture. Blend in the peanut butter. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges of brownies start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool before cutting into bars and serving.

While I was photographing these brownies this morning, Ruth snuck one and started eating it. This is the look on her face when I took it away. After all, who eats brownies for breakfast?! And then I thought, "Well, I do sometimes..." So, I gave the half that she didn't eat back to her. After all, we're still on summer vacation!
Have a great Monday, everyone! I've been hard at work all morning with etsy shop stuff and housecleaning. I just made the kids some lunch. Now, naptime for the youngest two, going through some school workbooks for the two oldest boys, and lunch for me!
Lora

7 comments:

  1. i made brownies today too! can't wait to dig in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. last week you posted muffins and i had to go make some later that day. today i want brownies. . .

    have a good productive day!

    (are you going through workbooks for homeschooling or for their school? just curious.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NatalieY.2:56 PM

    Why didn't you invite me over for some of those yummy brownies?!?! ;-)~ I'm just playin'... I hope you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make me smile :) because i kid you not... gck-1 were sharing a nice sized peanut butter brownie this morning for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth is a girl after my own heart! If I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I might try to come over for breakfast!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charity7:52 PM

    Hey Lora. When I was in Argentina this past May, my host family served me brownies for breakfast. :) Of course, I was thrilled. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin