Friday, August 6, 2010

bed and breakfast getaway - part two

Here's part two of my bed and breakfast getaway post!

After resting and relaxing for the afternoon, we decided to get all dressed up and head down to the town square for a fancy dinner.




Here's Clint standing in a ray of sunshine as we prepared to get into our car to leave for dinner.
Isn't this an amazing picture? I just love him!
Here I am sitting in the gazebo in the center of the town square. I felt pretty in my new dress!


belly shot! this is me at 26 weeks along
(as I am typing this on 8/6, I am officially 27 weeks along)

It was so nice to be able to sit in a dark corner of a restaurant, have a leisurely dinner, and just enjoy eachother's company. We don't get to do that very often! Both of us had steaks, by the way... And my favorite, caesar salad!
We drove all around afterwards, looking for a quaint little place to get coffee and dessert, but couldn't find one! (It was a pretty small town). So, we settled on Dairy Queen! haha... But, I gotta tell you, Blizzards are pretty awesome! (I got mine with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups mixed in. Heaven!)
We woke up the next morning to the smell of coffee brewing downstairs. A delicious breakfast for two was waiting for us in the sunroom. Pancakes, biscuits, hashbrowns, grits, bacon, sausage, fruit, hot chocolate... etc. (It was a carb-fest, to be sure, but well worth it!)
I walked around the grounds before we checked out to capture all the pretty fountains and statues... Here's some of my favorite shots:

sweet angel

beautiful fountain

i loved this lion!

another pretty fountain

there she is, the Commodore Bed and Breakfast Inn

the gorgeous old tree in the front of the drive

one last picture of us before we drove away
So, all in all, it was a great little trip! It reminded me of why I love my hubby so much! He and I are really quite different, which makes life interesting a lot of the time. But, we have so much in common when it comes to things like this. We both love bed and breakfasts, old houses, antiquing, pittering around in little old towns, exploring, thrifting, fancy dinners, etc... These are the kind of things we did together when we first met and fell in love (minus the bed and breakfasts! -haha!)... So, it was wonderful to rekindle that part of our relationship
Thanks to all of you that participated in my B&B Sale on my etsy shop and those of you that helped me out financially (you know who you are!) to make our little trip possible! And Diane, thank you so much for watching the kiddos! Wow... I am blown away by the kindness of our friends and family. This getaway was such a blessing to us!!
Have a fantastic day,
Lora

3 comments:

  1. That sounds just lovely! So glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NatalieY.10:01 AM

    It sounds like you have a wonderful time!! So happy for you... You deserved it! You looked stunning in your new dress... You should have felt pretty, You were!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look beautiful Lora! Thanks for sharing your special day with us!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin