Thursday, August 5, 2010

bed and breakfast getaway - part one

There were so many great photos of our bed and breakfast trip that I decided to write two posts about it! Today's post is part one - you'll get part two tomorrow!

Backstory - Clint and I went to South Georgia last Wednesday to visit his parents for a week. We had a wonderful time! My mother-in-law, Diane, offered to watch the kiddos for a night so we could get away by ourselves. We left Friday morning and spent the day antique shopping in a small town square and having a relaxing lunch in a little bakery called Isaac's (which, by the way, has been around for over 80 years!)

the little town square

sitting in our booth at Isaac's Bakery

and look at the gorgeous man I had sitting across from me!

Italian Cream Cake
one of the best cakes I have ever tasted in my entire life!!

the beautiful old tree with Spanish Moss hanging from it
(this tree greeted us as we pulled in to the B&B)

the driveway - aren't the grounds amazing?

walking up to the front door to check in
(the house was built in 1840!)

this little cherub statue was in the foyer
(one of my favorite pieces in the house!)
can you tell I'm happy to be getting away with my hubby?!

another little beautiful vignette in the house

i fell in love with this old quilt hanging over the stairs

isn't it amazing?!

the hallway upstairs

a little upstairs sitting area

our room!

(It was called the Red Room)

chocolates on the bedside table!

what more could you ask for?!

this picture makes me laugh!

(Clint presenting me with the chocolates)

and look what was in our bathroom?!

oh my goodness.

there was even a little armoire next to our door that was filled with snacks and cold drinks!

the happy couple!

One of the very first things that I did after we arrived was take a long nap!! While I was sleeping, Clint went downstairs and amused himself in the huge library they had. He was happy as a clam...
Tomorrow's post will be about our fancy dinner and show exterior pictures of the house and grounds!
Have a blessed day,
Lora

4 comments:

  1. yay for b&b trips! (we leave for ours next week!) you guys look so happy - can't wipe the smiles off your faces. what a beautiful place too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! the B&B looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Looks like you had a blast! And gorgeous pictures as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE b&bs! so glad you got to enjoy yourself, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin