Monday, July 12, 2010

busy creating...

Well, I have been having so much fun creating stamped metal jewelry over the past couple of days! My mind is filling up with so many ideas for future pieces. It's so exciting!

I experimented with adding a little pearl to dangle in the center of the BELOVED pendant. Doesn't it look pretty? I emailed this photo to my mom and mother-in-law yesterday, and both of them said it reminded of them of the parable of the pearl of great price. Isn't that cool?


"My beloved is mine, and I am His." - Song of Solomon 2:16

my friend Natalie had a little baby girl last week, and I made her this to celebrate!

I really love this one. I domed the disc so it is rounded and not flat. And then I hammered and scuffed it up a little bit to give it a rougher look. I also hand-cut this one from a larger sheet of copper.

this word, BREAKTHROUGH, has a special meaning to me right now. I have been in a season lately where I am asking God to bring breakthrough to some areas in my life. That's one of the reasons why I made this one - to focus on that word in prayer as I hammered out the letters one by one. And as I hammered the copper disc into the doming tool to round it out, I visualized myself breaking out of the hard times that I've found myself in lately.

I was so encouraged by your comments in my last post. Thank you so much for your prayers and love and support. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful blogging friends!

Have a blessed rest of your Monday!

Lora

4 comments:

  1. i'm so so so proud of you! these look amazing! I especially like the pearl one. very pretty. you're awesome! love you friend
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Beloved with the added pearl. You are quickly learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them. I've been experimenting with stamps myself. Where do you get the beautiful disc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NatalieY.10:00 PM

    LOVE THEM ALL!!! The pearl adds a lot!... My mother-in-law used that verse (Beloved) as the theme of her wedding, three years ago (07-07-07). I may need to look into getting that for her! Also... I have to say... I do love them all... but the middle one (Jasmine's) is my favorite! ;-) I appreciate you, and who you are, so much!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin