Sunday, July 4, 2010

thoughts on FREEDOM

Happy 4th of July, everybody!

Yesterday, Clint found this little baby bumblebee outfit when he was cleaning out our entryway. I was working in the kitchen when this little bee came around the corner! How cute is that?!


And one more random thought - I really love my hair! Remember how short it used to be? (check this post out from 2007 to see for yourself)
I don't think my hair has ever been this long. And I love the waves in it. They have definitely gotten curlier since I've been pregnant - must be those hormones! I took a few photos of myself yesterday to show how long it's gotten. These are my favorites. I also put one of them up as my new avatar on my sidebar, too.


So much has happened in my heart since I cut all my hair off back in May of 2007. It was such a dark time emotionally for me. God has helped me so much to rely more on Him, in terms of my mothering and being a wife. I have learned to ask for help more, and not try to do it all myself. And I have learned to love myself more and not compare myself to others as much. (Granted, I still have a lot to learn, but I am on my way!)
I am thankful for the FREEDOM I have in Christ. And since today (7/4) is all about FREEDOM, I have been thinking a lot about it. This coming year, I desire to be FREE of all the things that are slowing me down in my race as a believer. I was reminded of this wonderful verse this morning:
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1
Have a wonderful day of freedom!!
Lora

2 comments:

  1. oh your hair IS so lovely! and so are you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair like that! It is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin