Thursday, July 22, 2010

susanna's shower

Last night, I hosted a little baby prayer shower for my dear friend Susanna. She is expecting her fifth child in just a couple of weeks. We all had a wonderful time eating delicious chocolate cake and yummy peach/blueberry tart. Then, we opened gifts and shared words of encouragement with Susanna around the kitchen table. We ended the evening with a time of prayer and blessing over her and her little baby girl. It was such a sweet time for all of us.

the beautiful mommy to be!

I always love bringing out my wedding china and crystal candlesticks!
Here's our yummy spread of homemade desserts and coffee
my sweet friend and I

Danielle and her adorable baby boy Malachi

Mona praying over Susanna.
The baby kept moving while she was praying - it was so awesome!

I love this photo of Susanna. She has such peace and joy!!

the necklace I made for her
a new season of GRACE is coming to her with the birth of this little one!
love that baby belly!!

the yummy cake that I made!!
delicious!
(it was the first time I had made that recipe and I was so happy with how it turned out!)

*******************************************************************

Chocolate Crown Cake

1 cup butter or margarine
1 3/4 cup sugar
4 eggs
3 cups sifted flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
In large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; add alternately with milk and vanilla to creamed mixture. Beat until light and fluffy. Place 1/4 of batter in small bowl; add chocolate syrup and baking soda to this. Pour into greased and floured 10 or 12 cup Bundt pan. Pour remaining white batter on top of chocolate batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 10-15 minutes, turn out on wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling. Top with chocolate glaze.
Chocolate Glaze
2 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
1 tbsp soft butter or margarine
1/2 tsp vanilla
2-4 tbsp milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
In small bowl, combine sugar, cocoa, and butter. Add vanilla; add milk gradually to achieve desired consistency and stir until smooth.
********************************************************************
Have great day, everyone!
Lora

3 comments:

  1. beautiful friends, delicious looking food...mmm. sounds like a good time to me! love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. NatalieY.8:28 PM

    I can't believe this was going on next door! Jasmine and I would have LOVED those desserts! ;-) You are a great friend, Lora!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin