Friday, July 2, 2010

lessons from a snowflake

As I was making this new necklace on Tuesday, I couldn't help but ponder the wonder of a snowflake. No two are alike. Each one is unique and beautiful!

How often, I find myself lamenting the fact that I am "different" than those around me. Ever since I was a child, I just didn't seem to fit in. I often felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb. And even today, at 35 years old, I still have to fight the urge to want to be like everyone else. God is continually showing me that He is proud of who I am. He loves me and all those things about me that make me different. That make me quirky. And yes, even those things that make me weird. :)

It is my prayer that whoever becomes the owner of this little necklace will wear it and celebrate their own personal uniqueness! Not only that, but that they will look at that single pearl and celebrate the forgiveness and purity that they have been given through Jesus.


vintage silver snowflake pendant paired with a single vintage pearl


"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow."
Psalm 51:7
And you know what, maybe wearing a snowflake necklace this summer will help you to feel cooler! haha....
Have a great afternoon!
Lora



1 comment:

  1. Charity Rathel1:40 PM

    Hey Lora. You know what I have always loved about you is your uniqueness. :) What a blessing you have been to me and I am so thankful that God put you in my life. :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin