Sunday, July 25, 2010

the most wonderful name

I put a new necklace up in the shop the other day. I have been having so much fun experimenting with new techniques on this special kind of jewelry. This copper disc, which bears the most beautiful name in the world (Jesus), was hand cut, sanded, hammered and domed to give it a completely different look than the other pre-cut discs I've used before. It's so neat how you can achieve so many styles by shaping and manipulating the copper.

As I was making this one, I was reminded of the old song called "Jesus". (The lyrics are below).

Jesus really is the most beautiful, the most powerful, the most wonderful name in all the world. One mention of that name and the demons flee!! How often I take great joy and comfort in that fact!



handcut disc that has been hammered and domed

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
There's just something about that name
Master, Savior, Jesus
Like the fragrance after the rain.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Let all heaven and earth proclaim
Kings and kingdoms will all pass away,
But there's something about that name.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Lora

4 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! Beautiful Name

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! You do great work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lora, that is awesome! you make such beautiful things... esp those that glorify our beautiful saviour! i will be for sure purchasing a hand stamped necklace from you in the near future! (i would love one with my kid's names on it!) :)love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NatalieY.2:37 PM

    GEORGOUS! I love it!... Just seeing that name JESUS 'simply' written on a piece of jewelry like that... It looks so pure and simple... yet it still looks so POWERFUL to me as I read the name around your neck. I really, really love it! Just Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin