Thursday, July 15, 2010

looking through a veil

Do you ever feel as though you aren't looking at something fully? You know, like you're looking through a veil, through a lace curtain? You can make out the shapes and silouettes, but you can't see the details?

I've been feeling like that a lot lately. There are so many things going on in my life right now, so many situations that we are in right now that I just don't fully understand. My personality longs to know the WHY, but for some reason, God hasn't shown me yet. I long for the day when the veil will be pulled back and I can see clearly the WHY. Then, I will understand... For now, I must trust Him. I must wholly lean on Him. I must remember that HE is GOOD. He has PURPOSE in all that He does, in all that He allows...

All of these thoughts were brought on yesterday as I was photographing some new items for the shop. I was taking some pictures of this beautiful vintage lace tablecloth. As I held it up to the sun-filled window and snapped the photos, I was immediately struck with that image of seeing only in part.

"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." I Corinthians 13:12

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." II Corinthians 13:18

***************************************************************************

How I long for that day when I will see things fully!

Until then, Lord, give me the grace to trust.

To have faith in what I cannot see.

Lora


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the needed reminder.
    Wonderful pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daddy always says, "I'm ready to go but I'm not homesick." That's how I feel...seeing clearly will mean I've made it to the other side of the veil and while I'm ready to go, I'm not homesick. -smile-

    ReplyDelete
  3. NatalieY.1:16 PM

    So good!! So true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely thoughts. Yes, He is trustworthy through all our whys.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin