Monday, July 5, 2010

His eye is on the sparrow

I posted this today more for me than for anybody else. I needed to be reminded of these powerful lyrics. And I needed to hear that strong woman sing that hymn so many years ago. Hope it encourages you, too.



Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart be lonely
and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion?
My constant friend is He.
His eye is on the sparrow,
and I know He watches me.

I sing because I'm happy,
I sing because I'm free,
for His eye is on the sparrow,
and I know He watches me.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lora,
    Love the photo of your profile! Lovely. And watching the movie clip of Sparrow song made my day. Thank you for that!
    Peace

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin