Saturday, July 24, 2010

go fish

Last week, Benjamin and Leo went to Vacation Bible School at a nearby church. It was super fun for them! The VBS curriculum/music was written by a popular Christian band for kids called Go Fish. At the end of the week, there was a drawing for 5 tickets to see Go Fish in concert and meet the guys backstage! And guess what? Benjamin won!!

So, last night I took the boys to go see the concert! We had a great time meeting the band and enjoying the music together. The boys made it through about 40 minutes of the concert before they asked to go home. I wanted to stay and listen - it was good! But, I know that your first concert as a little kid can be kind of overwhelming with all the crowds and loud noises, etc... So, we left and I took them out for ice cream. (Those pictures were so cute that I am saving them for another future post!)


me and my boys - aren't they cute?!!

Benjamin and I

aww... I love that little Leo

lots of fun lights, big beach ball balloons tossed into the crowd, and streamers in the air were all part of the show

Benjamin meeting the Go Fish guys and getting their autographs

they were a little starstruck - it was pretty cute

Go Fish!

When we came home, Clint and I hung out after the kids went to bed. I sewed a little, too. And I made my very first dress for myself! I like it - its a long "maxi dress" with an empire waist and thin straps. I used a great patterned vintage knit fabric. I put it on this morning and I feel so proud of myself! I'll try to take some pictures today of it. It's not perfect, but it fits and it's really comfy! Hooray!

Have a great Saturday!

Lora

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin