Sunday, July 11, 2010

exciting news!

If you follow me on twitter, you might have been a little puzzled at my last tweet:

"just got a really important package in the mail. i am SO EXCITED! more to come later... "

Well, here's the explanation...

For the past few months, I've been feeling led by the Lord to start learning how to make a new type of jewelry - stamped metal jewelry. I've seen lots of these kind of necklaces online and I love the look of them. I've also noticed that there is not a lot of a Christian voice out there when it comes to this kind of jewelry. Most of the necklaces I've seen out there have children's names on them. And if there is an occasional spiritual one out there, it's pretty generic. I've been inspired to be a new voice out there for the Lord. I want to give more options online to those of us who want to wear a little something "more" around our neck! (I'm sure I will also make charms with children's names on them, too, 'cause you know I love babies!. But, I will also offer a wide variety of "prophetic" jewelry as well)

Well, I've been saving up money for the last month or so to buy the tools/supplies to start up. And yesterday, I got the box in the mail with all the goodies! I could hardly wait for the kiddos to go to bed so I could sit down at my kitchen table and get started!!

When the box came in the mail yesterday afternoon, Clint and I laid hands on it and asked God to bless this new endeavor. We asked Him to anoint my hands to learn the process quickly and easily. We asked Him to bless everyone that will wear one of the pieces that I make. We thanked Him for this new opportunity! It was a special time of dedicating this all to the Lord.

As I was praying about all of this, I felt like the Lord told me to hammer the letters that spell the word "JESUS" onto my first piece, as a way of dedicating this all to Him. It will be my necklace and I will wear it to remind myself that it really is all about HIM!

so here's my first try (after practicing) at a necklace. that name says it all, doesn't it?

I made these last after I had gained a little more confidence in my stamping. These are the two words that came to my heart first. I know that someone out there will feel a connection with these two pieces. And I pray that when they wear these, they will serve as a reminder to pray for revival or to know that they are His Beloved!

(fyi - these are copper discs on sterling silver plated ball chains)

Anyway, I just wanted to share this exciting news with all of you! Y'all have been so supportive and your comments always bless me so much! I will be making these all summer. (God's already given me so many ideas!!) And I will be offering them at my booth at Harvest Fest this fall. I might put some on my etsy shop first. I'm not sure yet... And I am excited about doing custom pieces for people too. The possibilities are endless! So exciting...

Have a blessed Sunday!

Lora



11 comments:

  1. How exciting Lora!!! Cannot wait to see what the Lord lays on you heart for this new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! Your gonna make even more beautiful jewelery! You've got a great start already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really exciting! The necklaces you have made so far are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing all of the ways that you honor the Lord with your business. You are such an inspiration. And I also love the necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow i love this type of jewelry so much! how exciting! you are amazing Lora:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:51 PM

    I love the "Beloved" one....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE these. The are gorgeous. I am so excited you will be making them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lora--you are a blessing to me. Thank you for this entry. I love that yours and Clint's first thought was to seek God's blessing on your new endeavor. Thank you for spurring me on to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was moved to tears when I read about you and your husband putting your hands on the box and asked for God's guidance.
    I pray that God blesses you in all that you do, jewelry, children, marriage... all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you guys dedicated it to the Lord right away :-) I hope that things do work out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I am just back from Houston and catching up with your blog and I LOVE these!!!!
    I have been thinking of one like this to give my sister-in-law when she has her baby....
    Love you!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin