Thursday, June 17, 2010

rock of ages necklace

I love this new necklace in the shop! The vintage oval stone is just gorgeous. As I was praying this morning about what scripture/verse to put with it, I thought of the old hymn, Rock of Ages. And as I studied the stone, I noticed a grey vein running through the red stone. It totally reminded me of a cleft in a rock. And I could just picture myself hiding in the cleft of my Rock, my Savior. I am so glad that I serve a God that delights in "hiding" me in Him. He loves to protect me and keep me safe. And that makes me love Him even more.


beautiful vintage stone pendant and vintage silver rope chain

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
let me hide myself in thee;
let the water and the blood,
from thy wounded side which flowed,
be of sin the double cure;
save from wrath and make me pure.

Have a great day, everyone!
Lora

1 comment:

  1. I adore the color of that stone!! soo pretty!

    Love your blog! Be sure to check out our site and enter our contest if you are interested in winning a chance to be featured in a post on our blog ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin