Tuesday, June 8, 2010

new quilt

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I made a patchwork baby blanket as I prayed for Jenn's healing. Here's some photos of it! I really love the fun fabrics. (I bought the bold black and white flower print from my friend Mandy's etsy shop, whimsiedots.)




I backed the quilt with a happy green flannel

isn't it fun?!
I am sending this blanket to my friend Amy who is gathering quilts to send to an orphanage in Uganda. If you are interested in participating in this awesome ministry of hers, click here to be taken to the post about it on her blog.
************************************************************************
Guess who I talked to on the phone this morning? Jenn!
She is doing amazing! Her vision came back all the way when she woke up this morning. And she's off of the blood pressure medication. She is completely coherent and back to her chipper self! She is going to see her baby boy today. Praise God for answering our prayers and healing her!!!
Have a blessed day,
Lora

5 comments:

  1. The quilt is lovely. I'm glad that your friend Jenn is doing so much better. I will pray for her, the baby, and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I thought you were giving Jenn the quilt you said you were sewing yesterday... but you're sending it to Uganda... I am so thrilled! It is gorgeous, Lora. You are such a blessing to so many!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is lovely and I'm sure will be greatly appreciated. I am glad your friend is better.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love you so much friend! That quilt was a great way to 'honor' me hehe! So pretty, you did a GREAT job. YOu're so talented!! By the way, still on the blood pressure pills, but OFF The crazy blood pressure drip that made me droopy! love you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabrics you chose!!! I am excited to hear about the quilts for Uganda! Also so thrilled to hear your friend is doing so well! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin