Thursday, June 10, 2010

two new necklaces

I made two new necklaces the other day and wanted to share them with y'all!

I was really excited about making a necklace with a fantastic vintage Monet gold shell charm. I love how it turned out! (And it's a perfect little necklace to wear this summer - totally reminds me of the beach!)

I also found a wonderful little antique skeleton key at an antique booth this past weekend. It had lots of rust on it, but I knew I could clean it up and it would look amazing.... (And wanna know the best way I've found to get rust off of old keys? I soaked it in vinegar for 24 hours, periodically taking it out and scrubbing it with a steel brush.)

I really love the simplicity of this necklace - and I love the scriptures that the Lord gave me to go with it!

So, without further ado:

vintage gold shell charm, glass beads (that remind me of sand and sea), and vintage gold chain

"How precious are Your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!"
Psalm 139:17-18

*****************************************************************************

Treasure Necklace (sorry, this one is already reserved for someone!)

antique skeleton key dangles off of gunmetal chain

In that day, He will be your sure foundation, providing a rich store of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge. The fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure." Isaiah 33:6
"Wherever your treasure is, there your heart and thoughts will also be." Matthew 6:21


I am going to be making more of these simple "Treasure Necklaces" this summer, in case anyone wants one. I am going to go on a few antiquing trips over the next couple of months and will have many more awesome skeleton keys to create with! So, keep watching the shop for new additions. (If you already know you want one of these, leave me a comment and I'll put you on the waiting list!)

**************************************************************************

and just in case any of you were wanting to see an updated belly shot, here's a cool one that I took this morning:
almost 19 weeks



Have a great day!

Lora

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin