Thursday, June 24, 2010

checking in...

Well, it's been a relaxing week. Today is the first time I took any photos with my camera. It's been nice to be "unplugged" for awhile. No etsy shop to maintain, no photos to take for my shop or blog, minimal internet time... All in all, it's been really great to simplify my life a little bit and just focus on relaxing and spending time with the Lord and with my family.

Here's a few quick snapshots... more to come later if I get around to taking any more these last few days.

don't i look relaxed? here's my makeup-free face, suntanned by my time at the beach this morning.

here i am sitting by the screened in porch. look at that pretty view too! love those palm trees

and here's a sweet one of my baby boy.
Last night, it was Clint's turn to cook for all of us (15 in all...) and he did a lowcountry boil. For all you non-southerners out there - its a mix of shrimp, spicy sausage, corn, potatoes, etc... in a spicy cajun flavor. Then, you dump it all out on a newspaper covered table and just dig in! It was delicious. And I made a fresh blackberry cobbler for dessert. Yummy!
Right now, all the cousins are tie-dying tshirts outside with Uncle Alan (my brother). I'm heading down there in just a minute to help out.
Just wanted to check in! I wonder if anybody out there has missed reading my blog....
Have a great day!
Lora

6 comments:

  1. I've missed your posts, but unplugged time with family is Such a good thing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a great time! You deserve it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy your vacation and break time! That lowcountry boil sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes......you have been missed and so glad you are relaxing and having fun. Love ya, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes we have missed you.
    Hope you enjoying your holiday.

    deb xx
    ps I'm giving away a quilt on my blog this week if you want to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back. And yes I have still checked every day to see if there are any new post (even though you told us there wouldn't be)!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin