Thursday, May 13, 2010

strong tower necklace

I had a rough morning. Feeling lonely. I know a lot of it is due to my pregnancy hormones that are raging... But it feels real and hurts, nonetheless....

So, I decided to spend a little time making some jewelry. That always makes me feel better. And the Lord always seems to speak to me and encourage my heart when I use my hands to create. I love Him for that.

This time, I was drawn to a unique vintage hammered sterling silver pendant that I picked up several months ago. The shape of it reminds me of a tower. And this morning, as I was thinking about my emotions today, I was reminded of that verse,

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." Proverbs 18:10

And as I attached the little extra group of pretty beads to the necklace, I was struck by how they so gracefully just dangled there on top of the silver pendant, as if they were part of it.

The Lord spoke to me in that moment. When I run to Him, my strong tower, I become part of Him. I can dwell inside of Him, and find rest. I am safe. I am secure. He is my protection. He is my covering. He is my refuge. And I am at peace.


unique vintage hammered sterling silver pendant with beautiful turquoise howlite and faceted yellow jade beads

long gunmetal chain

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower;
the righteous run to it and are safe."
Proverbs 18:10



5 comments:

  1. I love it. I just bought it!
    I should also say I'm wearing my "Birds of the Air" necklace today too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:20 PM

    Praying God gives you everything you need...friendships, support and new grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NatalieY.9:26 PM

    Love the necklace! It is beautiful. I am so happy we have seen each other and gotten to talk, even for just a little bit... but the last two days in a row! I will miss seeing you this next week... but maybe we can set up that 'regular get together time' starting the week I am back... the week of the 24th! ...??? ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love how you share your heart Lora and that you seek the Lord in the midst of any struggle. The necklace is beautiful! What glory your bring to Him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stories behind each necklace. And that is a gorgeous one too! Hope something can take away the loneliness today. -Meg

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin