Tuesday, May 11, 2010

lighthouse

I recently found this super-cute vintage handmade wall hanging featuring a cheery lighthouse, in the happy colors of yellow, green, and blue. Perfect for summer coming up!


isn't it adorable?

look at all the work that went into making this one!

I've always associated lighthouses with the Lord. He is a strong tower that we can run to. And His light always points the way to safety. He is a beacon that shines His bright light into the darkness.

Today, I came across this old hymn, "Jesus is the Lighthouse". Here is the chorus:

Oh, I thank God for the lighthouse

I owe my life to Him

King Jesus is the lighthouse

Upon the rocks of sin

He has shone a light around me

That I could clearly see

If it wasn't for the lighthouse

Then where would this ship be.

So true!

Lora



1 comment:

  1. Jesus truly is our lighthouse! I don't even want to think of where I would be without Him. Certainly in the dark.

    I hope you are feeling well. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin