Tuesday, May 25, 2010

child of the seventies

I am a child of the seventies. I was born in the 70's. And for those of you that know me personally, you know that I LOVE decor from the 70's. My house is full of knick knacks, furniture, and colors (mustard yellow, avocado green, etc) of that groovy decade.

Thought I'd share with you today a few vintage 70's goodies from my house and from my shop:


my amazing ceramic salt and pepper shakers that, when put together, form a butterfly! my dear friend Susanna (who knows me so well...) gave me these for my birthday. they now sit perched on top of my stove

my new butter crock! i've been looking for just the perfect one for months. and a few days ago, i spotted this avocado green beauty at the thrift store. i love it!

it looks so cute on my kitchen counter! and best part of all, my butter stays nice and soft.

and new to the shop, Set of Three Vintage Tupperware Spice Shakers

and look, they are stackable and interlocking! how cool is that?

and i love this one, too! (gotta love that plastic "wood"!)


Hope you enjoyed going back in time with me this morning!
Have a groovy day!
Lora

oh, and some fantastic shop news! I made my 500th sale last night! I am so blown away! God is good and I am so thankful to Him for the success of my etsy shop. All the glory goes to Him!!


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 500th sale! That is awesome!
    I remember having those Tupperware spice shakers when I was a kid! We had cinnamon in one, chili powder in another, and the third, I don't remember. They are a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my grandmother had the salt and pepper shakers. She was always having garage sales. You would have LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's not to love about plastic wood :)

    And those salt and pepper shakers rock...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin