Friday, April 9, 2010

trip to the ER

well, I had an eventful day yesterday. My stomach bug got progressively worse throughout the day and by the early afternoon, I started having really bad cramps all through my body and couldn't even walk. It was pretty pitiful. You should have seen me try to get my three youngest in their beds for their naps so I could lay down. After laying down for a little bit, and the cramping not getting any better, I realized that I needed to go the Urgent Care or ER. I was worried about the baby. I didn't know what was going on. It was very scary.

My sweet friend Allison was just down the road and offered to come over and watch the kids so Clint could take me to the hospital. (thank you so much, Allison!!!!) Clint took off work early and came and got me. We sat in the ER waiting for 5 hours. (can you believe that?!) So many people were praying for us and I definitely felt the prayers. As I laid there on the little bench in the waiting room, my cramps slowly went away. And believe it or not, those five hours were a really special time for Clint and I. He was so sweet and comforting, sitting there holding my hands, rubbing my back, and praying over me. We really bonded. And I am so thankful for that gift.

We saw a lot of really sad and serious injuries/sicknesses yesterday in that ER. It put a lot of things in perspective for me. We really are so blessed and God has looked after our family and protected us all from so much. As Clint and I sat in my little hospital room waiting for the doctor to come and see me, we prayed for the people we saw who were so sick and near death. I am honored that God would listen to our prayers and hear our cries for mercy.

The doctor gave me an IV of lots of fluids, anti-nausea medication, and potassium. I was very dehydrated and that was the main reason for the cramping. They did some blood tests, a pregnancy test, etc... The baby is fine. And I am starting to feel a little better. I am still not able to keep anything down, but I am forcing myself to eat and drink so that I do not get dehydrated again.

I am praying for a full recovery by the end of the day. Please pray with me! (and pray that my kiddos do not get this as well...)


ps-don't forget to enter to win my giveaway for a $25 gift certificate to my etsy shop! Click here to enter to win!


  1. Lora...I am so thankful you are better. I prayed all day. God absolutely works in mysterious ways and you and Clint most certainly were able to see and pray for the needs of others during all those 5 hours of waiting. There is no better way of seeing the needs of others than to go to an ER. I am glad God was able to use you and Clint in this way...what a blessing you were to others and what a blessing you and Clint received! Love, Diane

  2. Lora, so glad you are on the road to recovery! I know you'll be ready for this to pass!

  3. i am sorry you had to wait so long! that is so sad! but i am glad that both you and the baby and ok:)!

  4. Glad to hear you are feeling better and that the Lord used this time to speak to you. I will keep praying!

  5. Lora, Daddy and I are so glad we can come up this weekend to help you for several days. We're so thankful that you were able to be taken care of yesterday. There were many people praying, and the Lord was so gracious. I know that your prayers for the suffering folks at the ER were heard by our Heavenly Father, as well.
    We love you,

  6. I'm so glad you are starting to feel better and that the baby is fine. That must have been so scary for you especially when you had to wait so long to be seen.

  7. Hope you are feeling better now!! PRaying!

  8. hey i nominated you for a beautiful blogger:)! check it out.

  9. i am so so glad that your baby is healthy and you are feeling better. prayers from illinois were being sent!



Blog Widget by LinkWithin