Tuesday, April 13, 2010

savannah's room

My parents came up for a visit on Sunday. They are going to be here till tomorrow. It's been a great couple of days. They have been a big help to me! My mom's cooked a bunch of yummy meals. She's folded all my mountains of laundry, and today, she took me to a lovely little tea room, Savannah's Room, for lunch for my birthday (its on Thursday!). It was super-girly and oh so froo froo! We loved it!!! My dad watched the kids while we were out and to top it off, we returned to a kitchen floor that had been mopped!! Way to go, Dad!

isn't that pink bicycle planter adorable?

my mom at our little table in the sunroom

here I am in my favorite dress. (and I am so happy to have my appetite back!)

the food was amazing!! my mom had a chicken salad sandwich and I had a tomato and mozzarella sandwich with balsamic vinegar. oh my gosh. it was so delicious!

the restaurant was in a cute little old house. here I am standing on the front steps. As you can see, it was a gorgeous day!

We had a wonderful time just being girly and enjoying eachother's company. Now, tonight, my dad is taking our whole family out for a big birthday dinner! I am so excited!

(And as I type this, I can smell my mom's delicious Cherry Crunch dessert baking in the oven. She's making it special just for me!)

I feel very loved!

Lora

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:00 PM

    you deserve it. glad your parent's are blessing you! You work hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:00 PM

    you deserve it. glad your parent's are blessing you! You work hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lora,
    I am so happy for you that you had such a special day with your mom. What a blessing! My mom doesn't get out of her home much any more, but you have inspired me to get her to some wonderful little home that is now a delicious diner. I'm in!

    Take care,
    Georgianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl you have got it MADE!!! :) soak it all up. and by the way, you look amazing. so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun! it is so great to feel loved. happy early birthday! (and you look so pretty in that fab dress!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell your parents Hello for me!

    And Happy early birthday. I always seem to forget yours, because I am so focused that mine is coming up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. um when you decide that your dress is no longer your favorite, can you pass it on my way because i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin