Monday, April 5, 2010

resurrection day

We had a great day yesterday. Church was extra fun. I told a bunch of my church friends about the baby, which was exciting. And I helped in Ruth's class during the service. They had a special time of worship for the children. The teachers turned the lights down low and gave each of the two year olds little silk scarves in all different colors. As the worship music played, the children waved their scarves in the air and followed the lead of the teachers, who said things like, "We love you, Jesus" and "You rose again!"... It was so sweet to watch my little girl as she danced around and praised His name!

Then we went out to lunch at one of my favorite places (especially when I'm pregnant!), Moe's. They have the most amazing burritos! This particular Moe's also has a great little playground outside. The kids had fun playing there after we ate. It was a gorgeous sunny day, too!

Benjamin and I waiting for our food. Isn't he handsome?

Yummy!! Triple Lindy burrito, my favorite!

I love this picture of Clint. Leo's eyes are shut, but he's still cute!

The whole family, minus me. See the double highchairs?! Ahh... this is the life! :)

Benjamin playing on a cool airplane

Leo takes a turn

How cute is Joseph in his sweater vest?!

Adorable!

Ruth loves dressing up. What a little lady!

Down the slide for the first time

My life as a mommy

And, as promised, a belly shot!

Then, we ended our fun day with a Passover Seder meal for dinner. (We were supposed to do it on Monday night, but I was feeling too sick and exhausted to do it then) Clint was so sweet and cooked the whole meal. We invited my dear friend Allison over to celebrate with us. It was a special time, rich with symbolism. If you've never had the chance to attend a seder, I highly recommend you go to one or have your own next year!

My pretty candlelit table. We ate after the kids had gone to bed.

Clint made lamb with artichokes. It was so delicious! He also made veal, potato latkes, pasta, spinach, and matzo ball soup. What a guy...

After the meal , we read through the "Haggadah", which is the translated "The Telling". It is a booklet that includes prayers, scriptures, and describes what the Israelites went through during the first Passover.

One of my favorite parts of the Hagaddah is when you all recite Psalm 136 out loud together. The last verse sums it all up.
"Give thanks to the God of heaven.
His loves endures forever!"
Hope your Resurrection Day was as wonderful as mine was!
Have a great afternoon!
Lora

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very nice day for you and your family!

    I LOVE Moes too! My favorite burrito is the Joey Bag of Donuts with chicken and black beans and a dash of Keiser Salsa. I could eat one of those every day of the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you have heard this before, but your little ones have THE most beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been on your blog in so long...I cannot get over how big Joseph is...and wow! What a major cutie!!
    I think he's gonna be such a great big brother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. NatalieY.10:48 PM

    That sounds like a wonderful day Lora!! Zach and I were really wanting to be a part of a passover seder dinner... we will have to do it with you next year... maybe?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin