Thursday, April 1, 2010

my life in a nutshell

Yep, the news is out. I'm pregnant!

I am about 9 weeks along, due approximately November 5th. (but I'm guessing the baby will come closer to Thanksgiving time because I was pretty late with my last two babies...)

Joseph and the new baby will be about 2 years apart. Perfect!

But, I would appreciate your prayers because I have been feeling pretty yucky these days. Don't get me wrong, I am super-excited about this new little life growing inside me. But morning-sickness is not my friend. I've been nauseous almost every day, all day long. And I've got this weird "excessive-salivation" thing going on. Some pregnant women get this symptom, but not many. Basically, I have to spit all the time. It's gross.

I am pretty much in survival mode at this point. I wake up and count down the hours till I can go to bed again. The hubby and kids have been very understanding and sweet. They have accepted the fact that the house is not gonna be clean for awhile (unless they do it! haha) and I must confess, we've watched way too many videos lately.

I've had to cut back on my time spent working on my etsy shop and blog. I am hoping and praying that I will be back to my old self soon so I can get some stuff done!

But I have to remember that although I may not feel like I am getting anything done, I am doing a whole heck of a lot inside my body!! Major organs are being formed! I must keep things in perspective...

I also just weaned Joseph. Last night was the first night without him nursing before bed. I am sad about that. :( He did great. I knew he was ready. It was me who wasn't ready. But, it was time. So, that was a big change as well.

When I re-charge my camera batteries, I will take a belly shot for you all to see. I am amazed at how big my belly is already! I feel like I look like I'm six months pregnant! No kidding... But, I need to remember that this is my fifth child! (in seven years no less!)

So, that's what's been going on with me for the past two months. It feels good to let the cat out of the bag. I don't like keeping secrets. But, I must admit, it has been a sweet time with the Lord and Clint, hiding this little treasure in my heart.

So, thanks so much everyone for your sweet and encouraging comments on my last post. It means so much!!! Especially in this world we live in where it seems as though everybody's saying five kids is too many, it's so nice to hear all those wonderful words and celebration of life!! Every life matters!!! And I can't wait to see what this little one will become and how God will use him/or/her. I am honored that He's blessed me with another little person to take care of.

Have a great Thursday,

Lora

10 comments:

  1. A BIG CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!! So my shout of excitement at reading your great news made Winston and Bryan jump! I am sure Anna would have as well if she wasn't napping! I am thrilled for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you, Lora! Congratulations! Praying for you and the baby now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weaning was so hard for me. I will for sure be praying for your emotions during the time as well as your physical well-being.

    It is so refreshing to hear of another mom who jumps at the chance to have another baby :) So rare these days!!! I love your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NatalieY.7:31 PM

    You are AMAZING!!! Love this post... I can see right into you... and believe me, I have to remind myself of the same things you are saying, in this post, almost DAILY! ...Keeping things in perspective, especially for what we are doing for future generations and the Kingdom of God! I am so proud of you Lora... and so thankful for your heart for the Lord and His desires!! You are one BLESSED WIFE and MOMMA!!!!!!!!! ;-)))) I am so thankful to be friends with you! (Even if you are my spitting neighbor! LOL!) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very happy for you Lora! Your whole family must be buzzing with excitement. You could have that baby on Nov. 15th, which is my birthday...that would be just fine with me!

    Take good care,
    Georgianne
    Your Colorado friend at Nestle and Soar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mariah7:12 AM

    Lora,

    Many congratulations for you and your family. Children indeed are a gift from God. I am having my second in 5 weeks - looking forward to it, but a little anxious for the adjustment and lack of sleep. You are a pro now, so I'll have to think if Lora can do it with 4+, so can I! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh i'm just finding out!!!!!! congratulations! i'm so happy for you! i am going to call you soon because i need to know how to night wean a baby! ahhh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Congratulations Lora! What exciting news!
    I hope you feel better soon. It's so hard to take care of all the other children when a person is just feeling yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting sweetie!! It was fun to sit down and read all that is going on with your family! What a joy this new little one will be! I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin