Friday, April 16, 2010

my birthday

I had a wonderful birthday! I started my day out worshipping the Lord at our church's women's conference. It was such a sweet time of thanking God for my life and all the blessings in it. When I registered for the conference, I was given a nametag to wear and each nametag had a different word or phrase on the back. They were all different and meant to be a prophetic encouragement to each person. Mine said "heavenly flower". I almost started crying when I saw it because it was like God was calling me that special nickname, reminding me that I am a heavenly flower to Him. I love that name, and that is truly what I want to be remembered as many years from now. I want to be a flower for Him that gives off a sweet fragrance of His love to others. It was a sweet moment with the Lord, and I felt like it was part of His birthday gift to me!

After the worship, I headed back home with the two youngest kiddos in the double stroller and then my friend Danielle came over with Wendy's for lunch! Yummy!!! Then my friend Allison came over with a fun gift and we hung out for awhile. A little while later, my friend Susanna came over with the cutest pair of vintage butterfly salt and pepper shakers. Very 70s.. She knows me so well!

Then after the kiddos got up from their naps, I walked them all over to church and spent some time just walking around and meeting new people that are here for the conference. I love the atmosphere from our church when there's a conference! People come from all over. The kids and I had a little snack and I met three women visiting from Florida for the conference. It was so nice talking to them and the Lord even gave me some really sweet words for them that I think really blessed and encouraged them. It was special. Then, I walked the kids over to the playground and let them play for awhile.

i love this picture! isn't he handsome?!

We got home and I got ready for my big date with the hubby! One of Clint's students, Emily, came to babysit. Clint took me to a fancy steak restaurant for dinner. It was incredible! My steak was the best steak I've ever had! We had a long dinner just talking and sharing. It was so wonderful... He also gave me a beautiful bracelet, too.

All in all, 35 is looking pretty good!!

Have a great day, everyone!

Lora

9 comments:

  1. what a good looking couple!! Clint looks very handsome in his bow-tie! Thats so typical of him. Quirky but it FITS! :-) Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, it sounds like it was fantastic! you guys make such a beautiful couple. and i too love the bow-tie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! (a little late ☺) So glad you had a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:38 AM

    yay! glad it was so happy - you are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday and you make a handsome couple. The birthday time sounds grand as does the conference; you are blessed richly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an awesome birthday - and what a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday! And what a great nickname that you've been blessed with :) Heavenly Flower... sounds, well, Heavenly :) I'm glad to hear that God blessed you with such a great day and glad that He blessed us with you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!! 35 is looking good!! Wishing you all the best! xx Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you the happiest of birthdays!! 35 looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin