Saturday, April 10, 2010

gently led

Yesterday afternoon, I noticed that there were three little blue bird eggs in one of the birdhouses in our backyard. So, today, I made sure to go outside and get a picture of the eggs. To my delight, I discovered four little eggs! The mama bird must have laid another egg today! I never get tired of discovering these little signs of life.

four little birdies

I was also excited to find these eggs because I had just finished making a necklace before I got sick that was inspired by the image of a nest full of eggs. The beautiful glass beads in the necklace reminded me of those exact little blue bird eggs I see every spring in my bird houses.

The blue beads represent to me little babies / children. And the leaf represents to me healing for the mother's heart, as she cares for her children. God is always there surrounding her (just like the longer chain encircling the leaf pendant), protecting her, keeping her from harm, and giving her the grace and strength to be the mother He's called her to be.

Gently Led by Him.

Gently Led Necklace

vintage sterling silver plated lucite leaf pendant, robin egg blue glass beads, and gunmetal chain with lobster claw clasp

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11

I love that verse. So many times, I've clung to it when I've felt overwhelmed by my life as a stay-at-home-mom. God has used these words to encourage me and remind me that He will never give me more than I can handle with His strength.

Lora

ps-Only two more days left to enter the giveaway! Click here to enter to win!!

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous necklace! you did a great job on it~ Love that picture of the eggs. I think that color blue is so spectacular. So sweet to know that He gives us wisdom when we don't know what we're doing as mom's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little nest is so sweet. The necklace is beautiful and hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin